Trenčín city – geography
Trenčín is a natural geographic center of Central Považie. In terms of administrative structure of Slovak Republic Trenčín is an administrative center of Trenčiansky region including 9 districts.
As result of strategic position Trenčín is an important center of trade, economy, culture and sport. Various institutions and companies established their headquarters here. In addition, long-term tradition of fairs and exhibitions exists in Trenčín – city is also known as a fashion city.
Number of citizens = almost 60 000 citizens.
Reasons to invest in Trenčín
- Regional capital provides wide range of services and necessary institutions
- Favourable geographical position and climatic conditions
- Vicinity of border with Czech Republic
- Excellent transport availability – highway, railway, air transport option
- Sufficient qualified labour force available
- Suitable educational structure of population
- Wide network of secondary schools, schools, educational agencies and two universities
- Relatively low labour force price
- Low environmental contamination, non-existence of productions with hazardous waste
- Environment friendly for life and business.
Highway D1 and railway track Bratislava – Žilina passing through the city are the parts of the main European paths. Border with Czech Republic is in the vicinity. Military airport in Trenčín can be used also for civil purposes (e.g. charter flights). International airports: Bratislava 120km, Vienna 170km.